This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost for you.
Saturday is the perfect day to practice self-care activities after a busy and stressful week.
Discover 38 ideas to take care of yourself. They are divided into physical, mental, emotional, and social self-care with different ideas for your morning, afternoon, and evening/night.
That way, all aspects of your well-being are considered.
Feel free to choose different ideas each week and find out which of these activities fit best with your personal view of self-care. Make it a routine to dedicate time every Saturday to meet your own needs.
- Get up after 7-8 hours of sleep: wake up earlier to have a slow morning routine
- Morning workout/yoga: start your day with a little workout or stretching session
- Dress in a way you feel good: put on an outfit that embodies you fully and makes you feel confident
- Hydrate with a glass of water
- Watch the sunrise
- Write a list with your goals for the next week: what do you want to accomplish the following week, also recap on the goals of your current week –> do you need to re-schedule something, also plan things to look forward to
- Update your planner: schedule appointments, get clear on which day you want to pursue which goal –> block out some time
- No social media in the morning to start the day slowly
- Create a vision board (for your next trip, next year, next week, business goals)
- Make a meal plan for next week: write out in detail what you want to eat each day –> write a grocery list
- Make yourself a healthy yummy breakfast –> connect to the food you put into your body, feel gratitude for the meal you prepare for yourself
- Have a brunch date with friends or family
- Call a loved one: talk about your week and what’s going on in your world right now –> let them be a part of your life even if you can’t see each other at the time
- Take a walk, ride the bike, jog for 20 minutes: do whatever physical activity you like that gets you really moving
- Eat a portion of veggies and/or fruit –> alternative: make a smoothie
- Get groceries for next week (stick to your meal plan from the morning)
- Book a massage/facial
- Be in nature: enjoy the sunlight on your face or the wind in your hair, walk a little slower than usual to enjoy the abundance of nature
- Bake for you and your loved ones: treat yourself and your loved ones with your favorite cake or cookies
- Closet shopping: see your clothes with new eyes –> put together new outfits with the clothes you already have in your wardrobe(s)
- Improve your skills in a hobby -> learn a language, play an instrument, creative writing, poetry, draw your pet,…
- Read a personal growth book
- Listen to an inspirational podcast episode
- De-clutter/tidy a space: dedicate some time to sort a place that you’ve been avoiding for weeks
- Meet someone for coffee or in a park
- Water your plants
- Give your pets some extra care, cuddle a lot
- Keep up with your skincare routine –> do the things that would take too much time within the week –> pamper your body (dry massage, exfoliation, moisturize, manicure, pedicure)
- Dance to your favorite songs
- Read a book to unwind
- Meditate: clear the chatter in your mind by focusing on your breath for at least 5 minutes, you could also use guided meditation apps like Headspace, Calm or Simple Habit (my favorite)
- Take a bath
- Journal about your day/ gratitude list: what made you feel especially appreciative today? Write a few sentences about it
- Mindful dinner preparation
- Create a relaxing atmosphere (scented wax candles, calming playlist, essential oils)
- Watch a movie that makes you nostalgic (i.e. your favorite childhood movie, or a movie you were obsessed with in your teenage years)
- Spend dinner with your s.o. and/or a friend you haven’t seen in a while (try new places every week)
- Watch the sunset with someone close to you
- Have deep conversations while watching the night sky/city lights
What are your favorite self-care activities for a Saturday? Let me know in the comments!
Stay In Contact
Pin it for later