This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost for you.
What Are Affirmations For?
Affirmations change your thinking pattern over time to a more positive one. You create new thoughts by repeating these affirmations over and over again. At some point they are accepted by your subconsciousness and are treated as new beliefs about yourself.
You then start to change your behavior according to the new beliefs.
You can choose to change your beliefs about yourself.
Why not start to believe something positive then?
Some affirmations will speak more to you than others.
You can relearn the truths you inner being already knows and affirmations are one way to do so.
Who Are Affirmations For?
If you want to feel better about yourself and realign with your truth, then affirmations are worth a try.
We aren’t born with all the negative thoughts that are spinning around in our heads.
Our natural state of being is feeling like we deserve all the blessings and love the world has to offer and never question that.
This state of being makes it easy for us to give and receive love.
And my guess is that we could all need some of that.
How You Can Use Affirmations
To break the habit of constant negative thoughts the most important thing is that you repeat your affirmations often! and make them a daily ritual.
They are here to replace the old beliefs, so it takes some practice to tell your brain otherwise.
Whenever you catch yourself thinking or feeling bad about yourself have a go-to affirmation you repeat in moments like that to stop the negativity spiral.
There are many ways you can add affirmations to your daily routine:
Practice them in front of the mirror:
Speaking affirmations while looking yourself in the eyes is one of the most powerful affirmation practices.
It’s uncomfortable at first but that’s just because you (literally) face all of your wrong beliefs you have about yourself.
You tell yourself another story and looking at yourself while doing so is reinforcing your words even more, making it easier for your subconscious mind to relate the affirmations specifically to you.
If it feels too hard for you in the beginning just keep on practicing. It gets easier after a few times.
After that first stage of discomfort, it has the potential to be the strongest confidence boost you can imagine.
Your approval of yourself gets you in a position where you don’t need other people’s approval anymore. You are enough for yourself and slowly find back to your true self.
Listen to affirmations while you do mindless things:
There’re a lot of affirmation videos on YouTube. You can listen to these while you do things around your home, while you cook, while getting ready in the morning or evening, or while driving to work,…
Find a way to incorporate them as a solid habit into your daily routine.
Choose the affirmations that resonate the most and record yourself speaking them.
Listening to your own voice makes the affirmations more believable for your subconscious mind than listening to a stranger’s voice.
You can play your record throughout your day, maybe even repeat them out loud or in your head.
Another very effective time to listen to your record is while falling asleep.
The conscious mind drops off and doesn’t filter what you say anymore. The message reaches your subconscious mind unfiltered and you don’t have your ego interfering by saying that these affirmations aren’t the truth, or not working, or whatever it is coming up with trying to keep you safe in your old habits.
Combine them with your meditation practice:
To become real present with your affirmations you can also make them a part of your meditation.
Sit down close your eyes and listen. What comes up when listening to your affirmations? Is it resistance or acceptance? Just notice what you feel without judgment.
If you feel resistance you could try to choose affirmations that are more resonating with you at the moment and slowly incorporate more with time when they feel right.
That’s when recording yourself speaking them makes a lot of sense because you can choose the affirmations yourself.
But you can also use the affirmations that trigger you as a call for extra attention. Affirmations to rewire these beliefs are one thing but maybe you want to go deeper to the root of the issue and do some more healing work around them.
Write them in your journal:
Another practice is to write them down. You can see them outside of your head, that way they become more tangible.
Repeating the affirmations not only in your head but also combining speaking with writing helps them sink deeper into your mind.
60 Confidence Affirmations For Your Daily Self-Love Practice
- I approve of myself
- I feel good about myself every day
- My best is enough.
- I believe in myself.
- I deeply care for myself.
- I am kind and gentle with myself
- I am worthy
- My feelings matter.
- I create a sense of home within myself
- I feel safe to be me
- My worth is untouchable
- I express my needs and wishes freely
- I am worthy of my own love
- I accept myself
- I am loved and loving
- I got a lot of love to give
- I make decisions based on my truth and my values
- It’s okay to disagree
- I trust myself
- I speak up for myself with ease
- I bring love to all parts of my body
- I share my voice freely
- I radiate confidence and authenticity
- I am safe to be myself around others
- I validate myself
- I completely love and embrace myself
- I am 100% allowed to make mistakes and to change my mind
- I am committed to healing my relationship with myself
- I am wildly capable of creating the life of my dreams
- My heart is open for love to flow in and out
- I let go of other people’s fears and limitations. I create my own life.
- I am at peace with my past
- I am worthy of all my goals and desires. I allow myself to receive.
- Every day I create my dream life
- I only allow loving connections into my life
- I value myself
- I am effortlessly myself
- It’s okay not to be liked by everyone
- I am whole
- I am wonderful just as I am
- I am open to receive blessings
- I see love everywhere around and inside of me
- I am worthy of the time and money I invest in my health and growth
- I am worthy of all the blessings coming my way
- I appreciate myself
- I feel comfortable looking at myself
- I allow others to see ME
- I accept my body
- I am grateful for my body
- I give love freely
- I connect with my inner power
- I create a space of belonging within myself
- My feelings and needs are valid
- My worth goes way beyond my bodily condition
- I am brave enough to always speak my truth and let other people know how I truly feel
- I express myself freely
- My life is only getting better and better
- The best answer is already within me
- I can see true beauty within me
- I am radiating self-love
Please share with me your favorite affirmation that resonates deeply with your Soul in the comments.
Stay In Contact
Pin it for later