This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost for you.
Meaning Of The Sacral Chakra
The sacral chakra is the second of the seven chakras located in the lower abdomen about two inches under the navel.
It’s about creating our lives from the point of what brings us pleasure and makes us feel good and in the flow.
It deals with experiencing the richness of life and enjoying the little things with the same intensity as major sources of joy.
It’s about connecting back with your playful side, doing things that make you forget about time.
Healing The Sacral Chakra
When the sacral chakra is out of balance it feels like we lost that spark in life. Things we used to enjoy don’t make us feel anything anymore.
Life is serious and we somehow forgot how it feels to laugh and be carefree.
Our ability to feel pleasure decreased a lot over time, which can make us walk through life pretty uninspired by our surroundings.
It’s harder to come up with new ideas or fulfill the creative and free-flowing parts of projects.
When we are around others, we find it hard to build a connection with them. It feels like we can let loose. Something is restricting us from fully letting someone close to our core and show them who we truly are.
Due to feeling a lack of a lot of emotions like happiness, joy, and light-heartedness, it’s generally harder to connect with the rest of our emotions as well. We feel distant from ourselves.
This leads to suppressing all kinds of emotions. The zest for life is sucked out of us and we avoid joy and pleasure just as much as we avoid hurt feelings and shame.
Because this chakra is connected to our reproductive organs it’s also possible that the imbalance in the sacral chakra comes from negative experiences we’ve had in that area.
Below, I’ve listed 9 ways to heal your sacral chakra. Go with the themes that resonate with you the most. Where you feel a spark of inspiration.
The characteristics of a healed sacral chakra are, that we allow ourselves to enjoy the little and bigger pleasures of life.
We let our sensual side come through and experience life with all our senses. Life feels stimulating in all areas.
We are inspired by and connected with our surroundings but also with our own emotions which lead to a constant flow of new ideas: new hobbies you want to try out, discovering interests, re-arranging your home,…
We go with the flow of our inspirations knowing that they align us with our truth, letting us embody the highest version of ourselves, right in the present moment.
Embodying our highest selves is truly just about choosing to constantly go with what sparks joy in us and then taking action on our inspirations.
Signs Of Imbalance
- Creative ideas don’t come easily
- Intimacy issues
- Uninspired by our surroundings
- hard to build meaningful connections
- Not allowing emotions to come through, pushing them away, suppressing
- losing joy for the things we used to love
Signs Of Balance
- Finding joy also in smaller things
- allowing pleasure in your life
- full of creative ideas
- expressing emotions freely
- going with the flow of life
- able to sustain intimate connections
You can speak these affirmations whenever you feel uninspired or like you’ve lost the spark in your daily life. Repeat them in your head or out loud if the situation allows.
- I embrace my sensuality
- I express my creativity
- I live a life full of pleasure
- Creative energy flows freely through me
- I embrace my body
- I trust the natural flow of my life
- I feel sensual in my body
- I accept my body
- I accept my emotions
- I am in tune with my emotions
- I live out my playful side with joy
- I allow myself to feel pleasure in all areas of my life
- I live my life to the fullest
- I find unique ways to add joy to everything I do
- Sunstone: enjoying life, creativity, living life to the fullest
- Orange Calcite: balancing emotions, creativity
- Orange Aventurine: release of mental drain, protection, grounding
- Carnelian: stability, courage, energy booster, vitality, determination
- Amber: absorbs stagnant energies, enhances drive, trust in yourself, and spontaneity
- Moonstone: connecting with feminine energy and sensuality, expressing yourself authentically, becoming aware of and healing sources of negativity in your life
- Bergamot: calming, soothing, comforting, warm
- Ylang Ylang: reducing anxiety and mood swings, relaxing
- Tangerine: reducing anxiety, anger, and stress, calming
- Clary Sage: warming, energizing, stimulating
- Patchouli: increases confidence, mood booster, balancing
Journaling brings our deepest thoughts on paper and out of our heads. Take your time to answer the questions below to discover which Sacral chakra theme causes your imbalance and how you can change the situation for the better.
- What lights me up even after a busy day?
- How can I make more space for pleasure?
- What do I enjoy doing just for the fun of it?
- When do I feel in flow? What makes me forget about time?
- How can I be more playful in my daily life?
- What did I love doing when I was a child?
- What are my current creative outlets?
- In what ways can I cherish my body more?
- What makes me feel sensual?
- How did my relationship with my body change over the years? Is it easier or harder for me to feel pleasure now?
- Is it easy for me to let people close to me or do I struggle with intimacy?
Extended Side Angle
Wide Angle Seated Forward Fold
A general saying is to eat the colors of the rainbow, which align with the colors of each chakra.
- Orange pepper
- Sweet Potato
Frequency: 417 Hz
For Sound healing, you can use singing bowls holding the sacral chakra frequency or chant the mantra VAM in your meditation practice.
There’re also quite a few videos on YouTube:
Find a comfortable position. Close your eyes. Imagine an orange light circle in your lower belly.
With each breath you take the circle gets bigger and bigger and the orange light becomes clearer and brighter.
Grow the circle with your breath until your whole lower belly is filled with orange radiant light.
Hold the circle for a couple of minutes and feel how its light is cleansing the energy in your sacral chakra.
All blocked emotions are set free and flow freely out of you. Negativity gets washed away by the strong orange light you’ve created.
In addition, you could combine this visualization technique with chanting the mantra VAM, speaking the affirmations from above, or listening to the sacral chakra frequency.
Repeat this practice whenever you feel uninspired and lack joy during your day.
Which sacral chakra practice do you like best to find back into alignment with the joys of life? Let me know in the comments.
Here you can find all the other chakras:
Stay In Contact
Pin it for later