This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost for you.
Meaning Of The Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus chakra is the third of the seven chakras located in the upper abdomen in the area above the navel and under the chest.
It deals with the characteristics that come with the awareness of the own identity: the power of free choice, self-esteem and making independent life decisions.
It’s about creating your own life on your own terms, knowing what you want and go get it.
But it’s also about accepting yourself and radiating that energy outwards. Accepting yourself is the first step to making independent decisions about your life – independent of the opinions of others.
Healing The Solar Plexus Chakra
When the Solar Plexus chakra is out of balance you feel like your life isn’t your own.
You make choices based on other people’s needs and expectations.
You try to meet the picture they have of you and feel like a failure when they give you the feeling like you aren’t doing good enough.
People-pleasing is a common trait of an unbalanced Solar Plexus chakra. Making it up to everyone else but completely forgetting about your own needs and values.
Maybe you never even really thought about your own values because other prominent figures in your life always told you what your next step in life should be.
It also shows in being insecure when you need to do major decisions on your own.
You’re so used to pleasing others that you don’t know what’s best for YOU.
And after you’ve made the decision you second-guess yourself and regret it as soon as someone has opposing views.
An unaligned Solar Plexus chakra can also show in having low energy and no real ambition for the goals you set for yourself.
The motivation leaves you quickly after the first hit of inspiration is over. You walk through life having nothing you work on that inspires you.
You just do the necessary things that people expect from you, go to sleep and repeat that cycle every day.
All of the examples above leave you to feel powerless and can’t make your own decisions without negative consequences in form of judgment from others.
Below you can find 9 ways to heal your Solar Plexus chakra to feel empowered and in control of your life again.
Signs Of Imbalance
- Low energy
- Holding back your opinions
- Insecure about your decisions
- Second-guessing yourself
- Placing too much value on what other people think of you
- Doing what others expect from you although it’s not in alignment with your own values
- Victim mentality
- Feeling powerless
- Strong need to be right all the time
- Overly arrogant or egoistic
Signs of a healed Solar Plexus Chakra are that when you make decisions affecting your life you come from a place of letting people know, instead of trying to convince them and overly justify why that was the right decision.
You are confident in your choices because you make them in alignment with your own values and wants in life.
You found that your own acceptance is the most important ingredient to live an independent life.
You know that not everyone in the world will love everything you say or do and you’re alright with that because you do that for yourself.
Because your goals are aligned with what YOU want in life, you have more energy when it comes to fulfilling them.
That doesn’t mean that you feel inspired and full of ambition every day, but you still work towards your goals even on the days you don’t really feel like it, because they are important to you and you have the bigger picture in mind.
Signs Of Balance
- Feeling good about yourself
- Stating your opinions and choices freely
- Standing behind your decisions and accepting other people’s decisions and opinions
- Ambitious about your goals
- Radiating self-acceptance
You can speak these affirmations whenever you feel doubtful and powerless in your daily life. Repeat them in your head or out loud if the situation allows.
- I am enough
- I live an independent life
- I accept myself
- I make my own decisions
- I act on my values and live authentically
- I radiate confidence
- I am powerful
- I live an authentic life
- I am living in alignment with my values
- By accepting myself I let go of the need for approval from others
- I am the creator of my life
- I express my boundaries clearly
- Making my own decisions feels good
- It’s okay when people disagree with me
- I choose to embody my full potential
- I attract like-minded people by being myself
- I am willing to live a free life
- I shine the most when I am true to myself
- I go beyond other people’s fears and limitations
- I am inspired by the potential of my life
- I am surrounded by loving and supportive people
- Yellow Jade: self-confidence, good luck, energizing, joy, courage
- Yellow Citrine: amplifies your intentions, prosperity, gives you the energy to act on your goals and dreams, self-acceptance, increases happiness
- Yellow Calcite: transforming negative energy into positive, creates opportunities, energy boost, taking control of your life
- Yellow Apatite: feeling powerful, enhances manifesting abilities, self-confidence, mental clarity
- Cat’s Eye: good luck, keeping negative energy away, wealth, generosity
- Pyrite: attracts abundance and wealth, helps to make big decisions (especially in regards to business), makes it easier to communicate personal boundaries, decisions and opinions, enhances persistence and mental clarity
- Golden Topaz: attracting high-vibe friendships, gives your intentions more power -> powerful for manifestation, increases optimism and confidence
- Lemongrass: releasing negative emotions, mental clarity, mood-booster, stress reduction
- Juniper: cleansing, creates a calm and positive atmosphere
- Vetiver: helps to release anxiety and stress, calming effects
- Grapefruit: uplifting, reduces stress and anxious thoughts
- Cinnamon: helps to release anger and frustration, warming, uplifting
- Peppermint: energy boost, cooling, uplifting
- Ginger: stimulating, energizing, warming
Journaling brings our deepest thoughts on paper and out of our heads. Take your time to answer the questions below to discover which Solar Plexus chakra theme causes your unbalance and how you can change the situation for the better.
- How does my ideal day look like? (You can choose everything from waking up to going to bed)
- In what type of situations do I hold back my opinions?
- What is the first step I can take to fulfill my goal?
- Is it easy for me to state my decisions or am I second-guessing myself often?
- Do I trust my decisions or am I asking other people for their opinion?
- What makes me feel empowered?
- Who in my life makes me feel comfortable to state my opinions? Why that person?
- What do I truly get from pleasing other people? What is the underlying pattern? Does it truly serve me and the people around me?
- What area of my life needs to change the most?
- What are my favorite ways to receive love and appreciation? How can I give that to myself daily? (add that to your daily routine)
Downward Facing Dog
A general saying is to eat the colors of the rainbow, which align with the colors of each chakra.
- Yellow Pepper
- Yellow Lentils
- Brown Rice
Frequency: 528 Hz (Solfeggio)
For Sound healing, you can use singing bowls holding the solar plexus chakra frequency or chant the mantra RAM in your meditation practice.
There’re also quite a few videos on YouTube:
Find a comfortable position. Close your eyes.
Imagine a yellow light circle in your belly above your navel.
With each breath you take the circle gets bigger and bigger and the yellow light becomes clearer and brighter.
Grow the circle with your breath until your whole upper belly is filled with yellow radiant light.
Hold the circle for a couple of minutes and feel how its light is cleansing the energy in your solar plexus chakra.
All negative beliefs about yourself have washed away and you feel cleansed in that area.
The warm energy of a newfound drive for life is filling your belly and from there flows through your whole body making you feel energized.
You can also enhance this visualization technique by combining it with chanting the mantra RAM, speaking the affirmations from above, or listening to the solar plexus chakra frequency.
Repeat this practice whenever you lack motivation or feel like you don’t have control over your life.
Which healing method resonates most with you? Let me know in the comments!
Stay In Contact
Pin it for later