This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost for you.
Discover 9 powerful ways to heal your third eye chakra: Connect back to your intuition voice and live in alignment with your inner guidance.
Sanskrit name: Ajna
Location: between the eyebrows
Characteristics: intuition, insight, inner knowing
Meaning Of The Third Eye Chakra
The third eye chakra is the sixth of the seven chakras located between the eyebrows.
It’s about living life in alignment with our inner truth. We are connected with higher wisdom and take action based on the guidance we receive through our intuition.
Healing The Third Eye Chakra
When the third eye chakra is out of balance, we feel like life is out of our control.
Although control is what we crave the most. We fear situations where we don’t know the outcome -uncertainty. Accompanied by the feeling of powerlessness when we know things aren’t in our hands.
These fears all stem from a disconnection from our inner knowing. We don’t have the trust that our life naturally unfolds in the way it’s meant to be.
Every challenge is viewed as a huge failure. We tend to make decisions only with our mind -the logical side of us – but fully neglect our intuition which might guide us in a different direction.
We do what seems “right” trying to be responsible human beings. That’s how we keep on finding ourselves in life circumstances that might feel safe, but at the same time like something is missing.
We can’t quite put a finger on it, but at times a tiny voice is coming through telling us that this can’t be all to life.
We feel uninspired by our lives, we make decisions out of obligation and routine. We live out of routine and not out of conscious alignment with our inner guidance.
There’s a chance for a turning point when we listen to what we truly desire.
Letting go of the needs that come from the ego and tune into a deeper part of us that knows the answer to all our questions.
Healing takes place when you allow yourself to look at your life without judgment of past decisions.
When you are more driven and excited by the vision you have for your future than remorse over the past.
You can take your power back by using the present moment to make decisions that feel right to your whole being.
I’m sure you’ve had experiences like that, where you just did something because it felt absolutely aligned in the moment, even though it may not made sense for you logically.
Every day you can practice making conscious decisions just by making it a routine to ask yourself whether you truly want this before you say yes or no to something.
Of course, it takes practice to stay true to our yeses and noes. But with time you even want to make bigger changes and feel good in communicating them.
You won’t be afraid to make changes in your life because over time you’ll notice that living in alignment with your inner guidance is improving the quality of your life immensely in all areas.
Signs Of Imbalance
- You make decisions solely on what seems logical and ignore your gut feelings
- Feeling uninspired, the action you take is rather out of obligation than out of alignment
- Living out of routine, no conscious decisions in everyday life
- Not in the flow of life, trying to control every outcome, no trust in the natural unfolding of your life
- Fearing the truth of your life – awareness of what isn’t aligned anymore
- Losing concentration easily
- Insomnia, any difficulties in regards to sleep, nightmares
Below, I’ve listed 9 ways to heal your third eye chakra. Go with the themes that resonate with you the most.
The characteristic of a healed third eye chakra is that we have faith in the unseen.
The trust in the natural outcome of our lives is bigger than our need to control every piece of it.
We know that behind every setback there’s a higher purpose we’re might not able to see (yet).
Oftentimes, the meaning of challenges we face is only presenting itself in hindsight when we’re out of the situation and have the capacity to reflect on it.
We aren’t afraid to look at our life from a higher perspective. Due to the trust in a better outcome for ourselves, we find it easier to let go of things, behavior patterns, situations, and people that aren’t aligned with the vision we have for our lives.
At the same time, we work on ourselves to actually embody the higher self we picture when we visualize our dream life.
We keep on taking action on intuitive hints and deep insights we gained from being open to our inner guidance.
By doing that we realize that our current life slowly merges with our dream life with every little step we take.
We know that it’s all just about aligning with our inner guidance and take action accordingly.
That isn’t always easy. Our intuition oftentimes asks us to do scary things, but nothing is as scary as settling for a life that feels like it’s not ours to live.
Signs Of Balance
- Having a deep connection with your intuition
- Trusting your intuition
- Awareness of who you truly are behind all the roles and masks
- Not being afraid of the truths your inner voice is telling you
- receiving messages in the form of dreams (interpreting dreams)
- No problems to use your imagination or to visualize
- Having a clear mind/ being focused
You can speak these affirmations whenever you feel disconnected from your inner truth and have difficulty making aligned decisions.
Repeat them in your head or out loud. Even better in front of a mirror.
- I live in alignment with my inner guidance
- I trust my inner voice
- My dreams are full of meaningful messages
- All the answers I seek are already within me
- I am an open channel for the wisdom of the universe
- I take action on my inner guidance
- I am connected to my higher purpose
- I see clearly
- My visions are clear
- I live in alignment with the bigger picture of my life
- I make decisions that feel right with my whole being
- I trust the natural unfolding of my life
- Lapis Lazuli: helps to connect you with your inner wisdom, increases intuitive knowing and self-awareness
- Amethyst: absorbs negative energy, increases symbolic dreams and psychic abilities, aligns you with your intuition
- Purple Fluorite: increases your awareness of your inner voice, cleanses your aura from negative energy, clear mind
- Moonstone: increased intuition, even clairvoyance, symbolic dreams, feeling at peace and protected
- Azurite: clear mind, helps you connect to your intuition
- Lavender: calming for the whole being, reduces insomnia, creates a relaxing atmosphere
- Rosemary: keeps bad dreams away, purifies your space, better memory
- Clary Sage: releases negative energy, relaxing
- Frankincense: reduces stressful thoughts, finding better sleep, warming
- Peppermint: clear mind, falling asleep faster, purifying
- Jasmine: reduces anxiety, relaxing, restful sleep
Journaling brings our deepest thoughts on paper and out of our heads.
Take your time to answer the questions below to discover which third eye chakra theme causes your imbalance and how you can change the situation for the better.
- Do I feel connected to my inner voice?
- How can I make more time for listening to my inner voice?
- What am I doing when it speaks to me the loudest? Can I create more of those situations?
- What are signs of my body when a decision feels right? Where do I feel it?
- What habits make me feel far away from my truth? When do I feel disconnected?
- When was the last time I took action based on an intuitive thought? (random hit of inspiration to do something)
- Is it easy for me to use my imagination/to visualize things?
- Three-legged Dog
- Runners Lunge
- Chair Pose
- Forward Fold
- Forearm stand
- Downward Facing Dog
- Head To Knee
- Extended Child’s Pose
Extended Child’s Pose
Downward Facing Dog
Standing Wide Legged Fold
A general saying is to eat the colors of the rainbow, which align with the colors of each chakra.
- purple grapes
- Black currants
- Purple potatoes
- Purple Cabbage
Frequency: 852 Hz (Solfeggio)
For Sound healing, you can use singing bowls holding the third eye chakra frequency or chant the mantra SHAM in your meditation practice.
There’re also quite a few videos on YouTube:
Find a comfortable position. Close your eyes.
Imagine an indigo light circle between your eyebrows.
With each breath you take the circle gets bigger and bigger and the indigo light becomes clearer and brighter.
Grow the circle with your breath until your whole forehead is filled with radiant indigo light.
Hold the circle for a couple of minutes and feel how its light is cleansing the energy in your third eye chakra.
All worries about the future get washed away and are replaced by the deep trust that your life is unfolding into the best possible outcome.
See yourself embodying your highest version in your inner eye. Feel the scene with your whole body.
Let the emotions remind you that this is your truth.
In addition, you could combine this visualization technique with chanting the mantra SHAM, speaking the affirmations from above, or listening to the third eye chakra frequency.
Repeat this practice whenever you feel like you lost connection with your highest self and you’re doubting your dream life to be possible.
Stay In Contact
Pin it for later